- Able to conduct the required PHA in an efficient and accurate manner, knowing that the P&IDs properly reflect the unit piping and instrumentation as it currently exists in the field.
- Availability of accurate drawings for operator use as necessary for lineups, blinding, etc.
- Accuracy in defining changes required to install new projects.
EEC has played an instrumental part in the development and improvement of the Process Safety Information programs in the refining industry. EEC has provided qualified and knowledgeable personnel to assist and support in the following areas:
P&ID Review and Updating
- Walk down of all process lines in the field
- “Redline” P&IDs as necessary to update drawings to the current and evolving facility standard/requirements.
- P&ID review and updating includes the following items
- Consistency and accuracy of equipment and instrument tag names and numbers
- Continuity of flow arrows from sheet to sheet
- Completeness of the legend block numbers and identification
- Identification and elimination of all “T.B.D” routing notations
- Proper dashed identification of all traced and insulated lines
- Proper identification of all “out of service” (99) lines and equipment
- Ensure equipment naming and numbering is accurate and consistent with operations labeling and identification
- All mechanical piping spec breaks are identified
- A hard copy “redlined” P&ID delivered to the client drafting department for revision. Once revised, EEC verifies all required changes are incorporated in the master P&IDs.
- EEC can complete any P&ID updating in AutoCAD or Micro Station software.
- Validation of all PSV data as represented on P&IDs and in the PSV data files in electronic equipment data files.
- Communication with plant personnel throughout the P&ID updating process is an on-going event as the P&IDs have several review cycles.